Monday, October 27, 2008

2 pounds down!!!

Some may argue that I don't need to be on a diet. Well, you're not trying to still wear my clothes! It's getting painful. And I can't afford a new wardrobe just to go up a size.

Last week I realized that I had gotten to my highest weight ever. It was very depressing. Am I just getting old or just letting myself go? Neither option makes me feel better.

I do blame a lot of it on hormonal changes from the past 2 years. That's a lot for a body to take. And to add to those crazy hormones is the emotional eating. Ice cream is a weakness of mine & I've gone to it for comfort far too many times. Do you know how many calories are in a regular chocolate milkshake from Sonic? Look here! That's too much for little me to be taking in, especially when I'm not running like I should be.

Yeah, I slacked off a little on the running, too. After not getting to do that 5k like planned & then having the miscarriage it was just hard to jump back in.

So last week I signed up to sparkpeople.com. You create a profile with your goals whether it be weight loss, tracking calories, or keeping with an exercise routine, all of which are my goals. You then plug in what you eat all day & it lets you know how much you can have. For me to lose my goal of 13 pounds by Dec. 31st I can have 1200 to 1550 calories a day. I know that doesn't sound like much but I'm learning that we Americans eat too darn much. It's just rediculous.

Almost everyday last week I stuck to it. The weekend was a little over but not much. And I'm getting enough food folks so don't think I'm starving myself. As long as I don't eat junk I'm ok. And if I do eat junk I just need to be sure to burn enough calories to earn it.

My workout routine is as follows:
Monday - run 3.16 miles at a 13 min.,20 sec./mile pace, 3 sets of crunches at 15 reps each
Tuesday - run 1 mile at 12 min/mile pace, crunches, 3 sets of squats at 15 reps each w/ a 15 lb. barbell, 3 sets of lunges at 10 reps each w/ 5 lb. in each hand
Wednesday - day off because there's no time w/ church
Thursday - same routine as Monday
Friday - same routine as Tuesday
Saturday - same routine as Monday & Wednesday
Sunday - day of rest

After all that work last week I got on the scale this morning. Monday mornings will be my weigh-in day. And today I lost 2 pounds! I was so excited to see that all the hard work was paying off. It's definitely annoying to track calories but it's also very eye-opening.

It's very scary for me to post my goal on here because now it's out in the open for all to know. So if I slack off, you will know. At least Thanksgiving is still a month away!

No comments: