Thursday, November 20, 2008

Momentum

Normally I've been weighing in on Mondays. I started the whole diet thing & using sparkpeople on a Monday so I just stuck with that. When I got on the scale this past Monday I was disappointed to see that I had gained back a pound from the 3 that I had lost. But I wasn't surprised.

On Thursday I ate 5 (yes, 5!) snickerdoodles. In my defense, they weren't real big. But still, not a good thing to do when on a diet. On Friday, I attended a bridal shower & although most of the food was probably in my target calorie range, I had a very yummy cupcake made by Lizardbreath & then took 2 home for Jeremy to try & proceeded to eat a 2nd cupcake. What can I say? They were just that good!

On Saturday we didn't have a very good run. And then picked up Zaxby's for dinner with some friends. They needed to be introduced. There was cheesecake, too. We stayed out so late that we didn't get to go to the store so there was no food at home. So we picked up McDonalds of all things for Sunday lunch. And then ate the leftover Zaxby's for dinner.

So yeah, I wasn't that surprised to see a pound back.

So I've been very focused the last few days & I have managed to keep my calories very low while still in a healthy range. And it has paid off after just 3 days! I lost that pound again but also lost another! That now puts me down 4 pounds & 9 to go! I'm so excited because I'm right on track with my goal to lose it all by the end of the year.

And just when I've got some great momentum . . . the prometrium side effects start kicking in. Yep, after just 2 pills I've woken up hungry. And after having a breakfast of scrambled eggs (made with one whole egg & 2 egg whites) I'm already feeling hungry again.

No, it's not pregnancy. Way too soon for that to be the case. It's just a mean 'ole hormones messing with me.

I've just gotta focus on the success I've already had & how much closer I am to my goal. Not on how a chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a would totally take care of this hunger!

No comments: