Way back almost a year ago my doctor started me on prometrium. They tested my progesterone level & determined I needed to be on it as low progesterone was a possible reason for the miscarriages (2 at that time). After 4 cycles of it, I got pregnant. I was taking that & the baby aspirin. But then we lost it just a day shy of 7 weeks.
That started the testing. And they found the blood clotting disorder. So at this point I figured that the baby aspirin & blood thinners was what I needed to sustain a pregnancy. I assumed the progesterone wasn't the problem, especially since I didn't seem to have the typical signs of low progesterone.
A week after the dianosis, we had a 4th miscarriage. I had just started the aspirin again so we assumed I just needed to be on it longer to have worked.
Then I got pregnant for a 5th time in September. We thought for sure all would be well since I had been taking the aspirin since June. But, sadly, we lost that one, too.
My doctor has now said to take the prometrium just like I had before the 3rd pregnancy. He thinks I may not be producing enough on my own to make my lining the perfect environment for a fertilized egg to implant.
And tonight I will start the prometrium. I've somewhat been dreading it. I know that it gave me a lot of false hope with false pregnancy symptoms. It also made me terribly tired. And I'm a runner now. A runner can't be terribly tired. Of course, if I get so tired because I'm pregnant, well, that's completely ok. And I will gladly set my running shoes in the closet to go on a 9-month break.
Another worry is the hunger. That is my #1 pregnancy symptom which also comes out with the prometrium. And I'm trying to diet. Bad combo. I still have 10 pounds to reach my goal by the end of the year.
The next 14 days are going to be interesting!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment