Since we're back on the diet wagon again, we're having to make healthier decisions on what we eat. What's hardest is when eating out. There isn't much out there. And quite frankly, if I go to Chili's for dinner, I'm not going to ask for a plain grilled chicken breast with steamed veggies. I'm going to enjoy myself. I may just have to keep in mind that I'm consuming 1800 calories when I eat my yummy chicken crispers & how long I'll have to run to burn them off.
So one of our options that's usually on the healthy side is Subway. It's promoted a lot on the Biggest Loser because you can have a meal that's around 300 calories.
Since we do frequent Subway at least every couple weeks (we try not to go too often so we don't get burnt out on it), I thought I'd share my favorite sandwiches & how I like them. When I go there I like to see how other people make their sandwiches, too. I'm nosey like that.
1. Turkey on Italian Herb & Cheese bread. Little bit of lettuce (because they tend to pile it on). Tomato. Lite Mayo. Honey Mustard. Not toasted.
This is my healthy sandwich. I don't get cheese not only to be healthier but also because I don't like cheese on my sandwich that's not melted. Just one of those picky eating habits of mine.
2. Chicken & Bacaon Ranch on white bread. Comes with chicken & bacon (duh!). Shredded mozzerella. Toasted (so my cheese is melted). Little bit of lettuce. Tomato. Ranch dressing.
This is when I get my craving for ranch dressing. It's not the healthiest choice there but it's not a Crispy Chicken sandwich from McDonalds so I'm ok with this choice.
3. Big Philly Cheese on white bread. Shredded mozzerella. Toasted. Mayo.
Ok, this is probably one of the worst sandwiches to get there. But after visiting Philadelphia last March & having my first real philly cheesesteak sandwich, I've wanted more. I just can't explain to you how awesome they are! The subway one . . . well, it's not the same. But it's still tasty. I think the people there think I'm weird to just put mayo on it but if you've had the real thing you know that it's really good with mayo. Lots of mayo.
So there you go. Those are my favorite Subway sandwiches.
So how do you take your Subway? Please share.
Seriously. Please. I'm lacking in the comments department. Sure I get them on Facebook because I import my blog to it but it's not the same.
Do I sound desperate for attention or what?!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll bite...
Chicken Bacon Ranch, toasted, piled high with black olives, jalapenos, pickles, and a teensy bit of lettuce. Finished off with a double hit of the ranch sauce. This is literally the only thing I get there, the only way.
Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyki, on wheat, forget the cheese, rake it through the garden, spinach instead of lettuce, and no cucumbers. Yummy!
Post a Comment