Monday, March 30, 2009

Facing MY Giant

We recently watched the big Christian movie, Fireproof. I felt like the last person on Facebook to watch it because I kept reading comments of those who've seen it & loved it. And so many tears from it. Well, I didn't cry. But Jeremy & I were watching it with friends & were a little goofy with the umcomfortable moments. That's what we do. If a movie is scary or sad, we'll talk or make jokes & then it's less scary or sad. I know, we're pathetic.

Otherall, it's a good movie with a good message on marriage. Not the greatest acting skills with Kirk Cameron as the only real professional (who, by the way, will always be Mike Seaver), but not too bad for it being a bunch of church volunteers.

After the movie we watched the special features & previews. We saw the one for Facing the Giants & during it I saw the major obsticle that the couple was facing: infertility. And I knew that this movie wouldn't be one I could joke through.

Well, we watched that one this past week with the in-laws. And, yep, it got to us. Probably the toughest part was when the wife was talking about how much she wants a baby & she says "How can I miss someone so much that I haven't even met."

Whew. Ok, fan the eyes.

Yeah, I totally get what she's talking about. Our situations are different but the desire for children is still the same. I won't spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it so that's all I'll say about it. But it is a good movie & I definitely recommend it.

I've avoided blogging about my doctor's appointments or just thoughts going on because it gets to be such a beatdown. And I've really tried to not focus all my energy on it. What has helped is to spend more time praying for others in need. I won't give details but praying, crying, & hoping for others has really helped take the focus off myself.

As for any more answers, in my last update I was going to have some bloodwork. Our genetics tests came back normal, which is great. But everything else did, too, including the blood clotting disorder. So we're back to square one. Last month I had my lining checked to be sure I was making enough estrogen & it was nice & thick. There is one blood test that was slightly abnormal for my age so that will be re-tested next month. And we're going to do one more look at my uterus using a different test. But after that, that's it.

I'm not going to get into everything that we have to consider but obviously Jeremy & I have some decisions to make. And all I ask is for prayer that we continue to seek the Lord's strength & guidance on what to do.

1 comment:

Laura Pyle said...

I LOVE that movie! I watched it not too long ago and SOBBED when she found out she was pregnant, I mean totally lost control! Although I've never had to face this particular giant, I can only imagine what you guys are going through. When I think about what it would be like not to be able to know Rian, my heart breaks for you guys. I hope and continually pray that one day you will experience this joy so that I can "sob" for you too :-) I look forward to it.