Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bat Dog became Fat Head Dog

That sure sounds mean, huh?


I've been meaning to post some updated pictures of Keira. She's very slowly growing into those big bat ears of hers. We recently weighed her & she's 40 pounds. And she just turned 6 months old on Saturday. My little puppy is growing up.


Keira is also apparently preparing us for an accident-prone child. So far she's escaped from our back yard, sprained her foot while playing with Kaylee, & now today she was stung by a wasp.


I let in the dogs like I do every morning, gave Kaylee her treats & Keira her food & I proceeded to work on my make-up. I noticed a few minutes later that Keira kept rolling around the floor & rubbing her nose with her paws. I thought she had a small toy stuck in her mouth & when I went to check her mouth I realized it was swollen, along with her eyes. Upon checking outside I noticed a wasp's next under the eaves of the house. By the way, we have a 2-story house so this wasp was pretty mean to fly all the way down just to sting her!


She didn't seem to have any trouble breathing but I didn't know if it would get worse. So I took her to the vet. He recommended I leave her there so he could administer the meds & keep an eye on her.


And this is what she looked like!


If you're laughing, don't feel bad. Once we knew she was ok, we thought she looked pretty funny. She looks like a whole different breed of dog.

She's fine now. Most of the swelling has gone down. She has an anti-histamine & an anti-biotic to take for the next week to prevent more swelling & infection. Oh, and this whole trauma cost us $138!

Now excuse me while I need to help Jeremy clean the carpet as she's just peed. Stupid dog!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Whew! I'm glad you said it was okay to laugh because I cracked up at seeing that picture!! lol! Poor baby. I do feel sorry for her, but oh is that funny looking. If she is preparing you for one of your children I truly feel sorry for y'all!! LOL!

Dawn said...

LOL...I love the picture! Even all puffy, she's still cute! :-)

$138 isn't bad. Many vets charge an arm and a leg for just walking through their door!

When my mom and I had cats one of them got bit by a snake of some sort as he had escaped and he came back with a head as big as football and was all lethargic.
He lived of course, but I don't think he learned his lesson because he kept trying to escape over and over again.
Crazy critters!

God Bless,
Dawn