Sorry I've been away so long. At first I didn't have anything to write about. Now I've got a few different blog ideas in my head & just need to take the time to post them.
So last month I announced to everyone (i.e., my 3 followers) that Jeremy & I are looking into adoption. And we still are. There are other things going on (which I won't get into right now) that have taken up our time, too. But it is still our intention to adopt.
I asked then for prayer. We need lots of support & love & encouragement. And we need wisdom in making the right decisions. Oh, yeah, and we need money! Adoption ain't cheap, people! It costs as much as a car yet you don't do it like buying a car. Just imagine going to a car lot & paying for a car in cash. See what I mean?
Anway . . .
There is another person to add to this prayer list: the birth mother. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I don't know what your feelings may be towards women who give up their babies for adoption. If you're already a mother it's probably hard for you to grasp the thought of giving up your children. I know I've thought that.
But you know what? She could be making a very bad decision. But she's not. She's doing the most selfless act she can. She's allowing her child to live. She doesn't see this child as just a consequence of a wrong choice. She's sees it as life. Not only is she thinking of this tiny person, but she's also giving me & Jeremy the chance to be parents. She will read about us & feel that we are the couple who can give her baby the best home possible.
This of course won't be an easy decision for her. The world may tell her that going to a clinic would be much easier & a quick solution. She may struggle with the thought of handing over her baby to us. Many tears will be shed.
So please keep this woman or young girl in your prayers. She's become a burden on my heart & I hope when you are praying for me & Jeremy that you pray for her, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so blessed to know you, Shelly, and I hope that we can continue to become better friends. The fact that you feel this burden for her is amazing... not many people would even think much of her except to hope that she be healthy (no drugs, alcohol, etc) long enough to have the baby. I will definitely add her to my prayer list.
God knew us all before He kint us in our mothers' womb. He already has a child planned for you... He just decided, for whatever reason, to knit him/her in this other woman's womb. Maybe she needed someone to pray for her. :-)
You are absolutely right. The birth mother will need prayer. I will add her to my prayer list. i just hope that you and Jeremy can become parents soon. I just know in my heart you will both be fantastic loving parents and will raise a child with much love.
Post a Comment