On Friday I paid the last medical bill for 2008! Woo hoo!
I say it's the last for 2008 because unless Jeremy gets sick or hurt in the next 23 days, we won't be paying on anything else this year doctor-related.
See, my deductible ($750) was met back in May. Jeremy's, however, has hardly been touched. I think he's gone to the doctor once this year, which we're thankful for.
After May came all the bills. Let's see, there's been 2 ultrasounds, 3 consultations with the doctor, numerous blood draws for progesterone & HCG counts, the 13 vials of blood to diagnose the blood clotting disorder, the HSG in July, & my monthly visits to the chiropractor. So, yeah, it's added up. So much that we even met my max pay out of $2000 for our insurance.
I learned this when I went to the chiropractor 2 weeks ago & didn't have to pay anything. 100% covered! So naturally I thought this this would be a wonderful time to get pregnant. I mean, I'd love to get a couple "free" ultrasounds (*we'll be getting weekly ultrasounds at the very beginning of the pregnancy).
But, alas, that did not happen. But I'm ok.
Right now I'm just happy to not have to go through the stack of doctor bills & figure out which one gets paid & which one has to wait.
I wonder how long this will last. I kinda hope it won't be long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment